If you remember from a previous post, I made a mistake in making this dressing BUT it was surprisingly good. Someone told me share the recipe, so here it is:
1 can of low-fat coconut milk
1/4 cup of soy or sunflower lecithin (get from your health food store)
20 oz. NON-GMO canola oil
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup lemon juice
TT dry mustard
TT white pepper
assorted dried herbs of your liking (Italian Seasoning works best)
1. Take about 1/4 cup of the coconut milk and mix with the lecithin in your Vitamix. Mix until smooth and creamy.
2. Slowly add the oil in a small, steady stream. This creates emulsification.
3. Blend until your mixture develops the consistence of mayonnaise.
Pour in the remainder of the milk, vinegar, lemon juice, and dry mustard.
4. Add the seasonings to your liking. However, keep in mind that freshly made dressings develop their flavors as they sit.
5. Transfer to a jar and refrigerate until ready to use.
This dressing is a mixture of Italian dressing as well. Don’t fret because it separates. It’s supposed to do that. Just shake.