This recipe is for my oil-free friends. I hope you enjoy.
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas or 15 oz of canned chickpeas liquid reserved and set aside
- 1 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 Cup tahini (start by adding ¼ cup first to test the flavor)
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 reserved chickpea liquid (or water)
- Paprika, for garnish
Place chickpeas, garlic, garlic in your Vitamix, blender, or a food processor (except the salt and water) and process until the hummus is coarsely pureed.
Now add in salt gradually, stopping to taste as you go. Add more if desired.
Add the liquid to your specifications. Add more tahini or any ingredient to your liking.
Scoop into a bowl and garnish with paprika. Makes about 2 cups. Keep in the frig for about 4-5 days in the fridge in a sealed container.