One thing that is very important to remember in the procedure for soaking, dehydrating nuts is that cashews don’t have to be soaked as long as almonds. Cashews can be soaked a minimal of 2 hours as they are a softer nut.
Dehydrate cashews at a temp of 105 -110 degrees until they are dry. At that time, you can use them for whatever recipe that you want to use them for or even freeze them. However, if you are using them for a liquid recipe right after you soak them, don’t dehydrate them.
I sometimes keep a stash of soaked dehydrated nuts in my freezer. They really do come in handy.
Place Cashews in a large bowl
Cover with filtered water
Soak 2-6 hours – DO NOT SOAK OVERNIGHT
Drain and rinse the cashews
- Place drained cashews on the teflex sheet of a dehydrator. Spread evenly
- Turn dehydrator on to 145 degrees
- Place nuts in the dehydrator
- Dehydrate for 30 minutes
- Turn the dehydrator down to 105-110 degrees
- Dehydrate for 12 hours or until dry
- Place almonds in the frig
- I usually separate the cashews in a 2 cup storage bag and freeze them until I need to use them
Again, keep your soaked dehydrated nuts in the freezer if you’re not going to use them right away.