Almonds should be soaked a minimal of 6-8 hours or overnight (I like the overnight method). They are a much harder nut
Dehydrate almonds at a temp of 105 -110 degrees until they are dry. At that time, you can use them for whatever recipe that you want to use them for or even freeze them. However, if you are using them for a liquid recipe right after you soak them, don’t dehydrate them.
I sometimes keep a stash of soaked dehydrated nuts in my freezer. They really do come in handy.
Place almonds in a large bowl
Cover with filtered water
Soak 6-12 hours or overnight
Drain and rinse the almonds
- Place drained almonds on the teflex sheet of a dehydrator. Spread evenly
- Turn dehydrator on to 145 degrees
- Place nuts in the dehydrator
- Dehydrate for 30 minutes
- Turn the dehydrator down to 105-110 degrees
- Dehydrate for 12 hours or until dry
- Place almonds in the frig
- I usually separate the almonds in a 2 cup storage bag and freeze them until I need to use them
Again, keep your soaked dehydrated nuts in the freezer until you are ready to use them. This prevents them from molding or going rancid. They will mold if they are not dried completely.