I love alfredo sauce. Back in 1994, I heard a report that it was a ‘heart attack on a plate’. I don’t remember the full report, only those lines. However, I remember being fearful about it because I love alfredo. As I got older, I found out how to adapt a heart healthy version of the sauce. With that in mind, I’d like to teach you how to make creamy alfredo sauce that doesn’t have any of the ‘bad’ ingredients.
This is a nice creamy alfredo sauce from scratch. Have fun making it.
- 2 cans of coconut milk (lite)
- 4-6 cloves of minced garlic, minced (about 1 tbsp)
- ¼ of extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup dry white wine (optional)
- 1/3 – 2/3 cup nutritional yeast
- Salt TT
- White Pepper TT
- Gently heat olive oil in a pan
- Saute garlic in the pan until slightly golden brown
- Whisk cans of coconut milk in the pan
- Whisk white wine and nutritional yeast, if desired
- Saute for about 5 minutes
- Mix in salt/pepper to taste
- Serve over pasta or veggie noodles – If you’re serving over veggie noodles, cool the sauce to 110 degrees
This is an easy alfredo sauce recipe. Enjoy your alfredo sauce from scratch without the guilt.