Who said eating healthy doesn’t have to be good. Come on, who????
I’m in a midst of a detox and I wanted something sweet. After going through my cookbook, I realized I had all of these ingredients in my cabinet, frig, and freezer. So I went for it.
Now even though I had all of the ingredients, I didn’t feel like making a crust. That’s totally ok. If you don’t have all the of the ingredients for the crust, just make the “Cheesecake” and pour it in a bowl and set it. That’s what I did and I am loving my results. A Simple healthy recipe for an after dinner dessert or just for snacking around.
1 1/2 cups dry almonds (that was previously soaked for at least 8 hrs.)
1/2 cups coconut flakes
3 ounces of date paste (weight)
1/4 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
9-10 inch springform pan lightly oiled with coconut oil
1. Add to your Vitamix all of the ingredients EXCEPT add only 1/2 of the date paste. Pulse all ingredients until the crust starts to rise on the sides of the processor bowl. Stop the machine and mix together.
2. Repeat until nuts are broken down completely. Add remaining paste and process until mixture is consistent. The final result should be a mixture that will hold together.
3. Distribute the crust evenly on the bottom of the pan and lightly compact by hand. Set aside until ready to be filled.
3 cups cashews, soaked a minimum of 2 hours
1 1/2 cups coconut milk
1 cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed is best)
3/4 cup agave nectar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
3 Tbsps. lecithin (soy or sunflower)
3/4 cup extra-virgin coconut oil
1. Add to Vitamix all ingredients expect oil and lecithin. Blend well until smooth and creamy.
2. Stop blending and add the lecithin and melted coconut oil. Resume blending until oil and lecithin are well incorporated.
3. Pour filling into prepared springform pan OR prepared bowl.
4. Place in the freezer to set 1-2 hours or until middle of cheesecake is firm to the touch.