I decided to surprise my family with this chicken recipe. I loved it. I wrote an article about eating until you are satisfied and not until you’re full. This chicken was so good that I had to stop myself from eating until I was full.
Trust me, this delightful dinner is so easy to make.
Serves about 8
1-2 TBSP tomato paste
½ cup of low-sodium soy sauce
2 TBSP Lemon Juice
2-4 lbs. boneless chicken breast
¼ cup Smart Balance
1 TBSP of minced garlic
½ pint of grape tomatoes, washed and halved
½ pint of sliced bella mushrooms, washed
20 oz. baby potatoes, washed
1/3 cup canola oil
1 TBSP canola oil
1 cup of balsamic vinegar
Preheat over to 450 degrees.
1. Mix tomato paste with enough water to thin it out. Add soy sauce and lemon juice to the mixture. Stir until combined.
2. My best method is to take the chicken and place it in 1 gallon storage bags. Pour the marinade over the chicken. Seal the bag – releasing the air – and toss. Refrigerate for ½ hour to 45 minutes.
3. While the chicken is marinating, in a separate bowl, combine 2 tsp of season salt and pepper with 1/3 cup of canola oil. Mix slightly. Add potatoes to the bowl and toss. Set aside.
4. In another bowl, add sliced mushrooms, sliced tomatoes, 1 tbsp. canola oil. Season the mixture lightly with seasoned salt and pepper. Set aside.
5. Reduce your balsamic vinegar. Bring vinegar to a boil and reduce the heat so that the balsamic simmers lightly. Allow it to simmer about 15 minutes. Once done. Set it aside to cool. This will allow it to thicken.
6. Preheat a pan on the stove and melt the Smart Balance. Saute the garlic lightly.
7. Remove the chicken from the marinade; lightly season it with the seasoned salt and pepper. Place in the pan. Lightly brown the chicken for about 1 minute per side.
8. Top the chicken with the tomato/mushroom mixture first and then the baby potatoes.
9. Bake for about 15 – 20 minutes.
10. Remove chicken from the oven.
11. Pour thin strips of the thickened balsamic vinegar over your chicken dinner.
Serve with a light salad. Enjoy.