2018 is upon us and this is the time where so many of us make our fitness/healthy lifestyle goals. Many people do this every single year. Gym memberships skyrocket. People start fantasizing about their beach bodies and working toward it. Sadly by March many have given up the fight and resorted back to their ‘regularly scheduled programs’.
Frustration is also a reason that so many people stop trying. We get so angry with ourselves and can’t seem to get out of that flux. Well, hopefully, I can be a help.
Healthy/Fitness Challenge 2018
The rules are very simple:
1. Read the Crawl, Walk, Run Article to get a better understanding of the expectations.
2. Visit Youtube and pick at least one workout that you will be comfortable with. These are my two favorites. I switch them up so that I won’t get bored. Workout 1, Workout 2. Feel free to walk for 10 minutes a day. Do what’s comfortable for you. Work out 2 is my absolute favorite.
3. Do this workout for 10-11 minutes a day or at least 3 days out of the week. No more than that. I know that the preferred time is 20-30 minutes a day. We will get to that. The point is to start – no matter how small – just start.
4. Pick one to two dietary items you can add to this challenge. Just 1 or 2. Will it be healthy snacks and/or morning smoothies? I’m a smoothie fan. BTW, it’s ok if it’s just one.
5. Pick one to two dietary items that you can eliminate for the month. What will it be? Fried foods? Fast foods? For me it’s soda. I lost 15 lbs. just giving up soda. Again, it’s ok if it’s just one. However, pick the food that does the most damage to your healthy goals.
For me, I’ll be eliminating soda and sugars again. Do what’s best for you.
6. Don’t go adding any extra stuff. I used to be so guilty of getting ultra excited about my healthy goals that I started making HUGE changes. You know what happened. After a short time, I was right back to where I started. It was so frustrating and discouraging.
7. Don’t set unreasonable goals.
8. BE PATIENT WITH YOURSELF. If you are consistent and diligent the change will come. If you are consistent and diligent, you will see the results.
9. Record your process here on this page. In other words, let’s talk about it. Did you have a bad day? Come here for support. Do you wanna give in? Come here for support? Are you encouraged and need a little more encouragement? Come here. Are you flying high and want to encourage others? Come here and give your spiel.
10. Want some recipe recommendations? Go to my Favorite Recipes.
11. Drink plenty of water daily.
12. Let’s have fun.
Do you have any questions: please feel free to ask them here. Questions of a more private nature? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer 1: Please do what is best for you as I do what is best for me. Everything that is posted is the sole opinion of the author and is no way intended or should be construed as medical advice or treatment. The reader of the post, watcher of these videos and reader of my blog info is solely responsible for his actions and the consequences thereof. If you want, need, or seek medical advice or treatment – see a doctor.
Thanks and enjoy!
Disclaimer 2: IMPORTANT: Everyone does different things. Some people eat meat, some are vegetarian, some are vegan/raw food enthusiasts. We WILL respect everyone’s dietary choices. All I ask is that you post healthy recipes that you find good for you and let us know how it works out for you. Let’s not get into arguments because of what someone else decides to eat . . .