Healthy Brownie Muffins Recipe
These dark chocolate flourless brownie muffins are delicious and surprisingly healthy. They are completely moist and will fall – but they are still good. I substituted the eggs for a flax-seed mixture (3 TBSPs ground flaxseed to 3/4 cups water. Let it sit for 20 mins.).
This can be a healthy breakfast muffin.
Total Time: 40 min.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 20 min.
Yield: 6 servings, 1 cupcake each
1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans) Or black beans, drained, rinsed
3/4 cup Flaxseed eggs
½ cup pure maple syrup, or raw organic agave
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
3 Tbsp. Smart Balance or Earth Balance Butter, melted
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips and/or nuts
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
IF YOU ARE USING FLAXSEED GEL, SET IT UP NOW. Mix 3 Tbsp. of ground flaxseed with 3/4 warm water. Blend in your Vitamix until creamy. Let this mixture sit for at least 10-15 mins.
2. Prepare 12 muffin cups by lining with muffin papers or coating with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
3. Place chickpeas, eggs, maple syrup, cocoa powder, baking soda, coconut oil, and extract in blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth.
4. Divide batter among 12 prepared muffin cups.
5. Top each muffin with about four chocolate chips; push into batter.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Cool completely and enjoy!