2 cups raw almonds (soaked 6-8 hours or overnight)
4 cups of water
Medjool Dates (optional, if you want it sweet), or
Agave Nectar (my preference)
(sweeten to taste)
1. After soaking and rinsing the nuts place them in your Vitamix.
2. Add the water (and sweeteners) and blend on high speed. Blend up to five minutes depending on the power of your blender. A Vitamix blender can do this in about 2 minutes
3. After blending, let the milk sit for about 5-10 minutes to get thick.
4. Pour the milk through a nut bag or sieve and press the liquid through until done.
5. Save the pulp – dry it. This is now almond flour.
If you’d like to thin it out, feel free to add 1 cup of almonds to 4 cups of water.